New Jersey Chapter
American Academy of Pediatrics
3836 Quakerbridge Road
Hamilton, NJ 08619
Elliot Rubin, MD, FAAP
Fran Gallagher, MEd
Harriet Lazarus, MBA
Director, Membership & Events
New Jersey Employment Opportunities
September 2, 2014
Position: Psychiatric Advanced Practice Nurse
Reports to: Vice-President, Child Welfare
Function: To provide psychiatric services consultation, training and act as liaison to agency’s group home staff, treatment home staff and parents regarding psychiatric issues.
• Provide medication training for medication administration for education of child care workers and treatment home parents. (Currently 2-4x annually, day and evening).
• Provide various trainings for child welfare program when appropriate, i.e. medication training for adoption program, pre-service training, etc.
• Collaboration with the psychiatrist (with a formal collaborative practice agreement).
• Provide clinical assessment and diagnostic interviews and reports – initial and annual.
• Prescribe psychoactive medication and provides medication follow-up when necessary
• Prescribe diagnostic tests.
• Provide staff and family consultation around medication and other clinical concerns (at all agency sites and in family homes).
• Facilitate communication between psychiatric services, programs and care givers.
• Attend team meetings, staffing and clinics.
• Participate in the quality assurance (QA) process.
• Participate in Coordination Meetings for child welfare.
• Participate in corporate compliance meetings.
• Prepare and submit monthly reports including statistics.
• Maintains 24/7 hour availability for emergency and crisis consultation.
• Submits school clearance letters for agency children.
• Maintains documentation of sessions that meets agency and contractual requirements and completes evaluations/assessments according to contract timelines.
• Keeps psychotropic medication logs up to date.
• Performs other relevant duties as assigned.
• Master’s Degree from an accredited program, valid New Jersey RN, clinical specialist with prescriptive authority or willingness to obtain.
• Current DEA and CDS license to prescribe ( if applicable at the time of hire)
• Two years of pediatric experience.
• Valid NJ driver’s license.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
• Knowledge of and sensitivity to cultural diversity issues.
• Ability to work effectively with people of diverse cultural backgrounds/races.
• Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
• Computer skills a plus.
• Experience working with children born drug addicted is a plus.
• Knowledge of the Division of Child Care and Permanency foster care system is a plus.
This position is part time/20 hour and available immediately, located in Paramus, NJ. Competitive rate of pay and partial benefits that include: pension, paid time off, sick, life insurance and holidays. Resumes may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pediatric Positions in NJ - Member Benefit!
This job board is provided as a resource for use by pediatric practices
searching for practitioners and candidates searching for pediatric
positions in New Jersey.
Information is provided by practices or candidates. All further
inquiries and/or verifications regarding candidates or practices must be
transmitted directly to the provider of the information using the
contact information as listed.
NJAAP reserves all rights to monitor and remove any information placed
on this resource, as well as to discontinue this service at any time.
This resource is provided by NJAAP and does not constitute the work or
endorsement of the national American Academy of Pediatrics.
Chapter members, to have your job description/posting uploaded to this site, please email Cortney Mott, Marketing & Event Manager