NJAAP Employment Opportunities
Director, New Jersey Immunization Network (NJIN)
The New Jersey Chapter, American Academy of Pediatrics (NJAAP) has an immediate opening for a part time (20-25 hours per week) position as Program Director of the New Jersey Immunization Network (NJIN).
NJIN is a statewide coalition committed to advancing immunization rates throughout the State by providing healthcare providers, the public, and policy makers with the most current scientifically-sound information pertaining to the importance of safely immunizing infants, children, adolescents, and adults throughout New Jersey.
NJIN is seeking a director who will work in tandem with the Department of Health (DOH), all divisions working on immunization related issues, and yet independently organize community involvement in immunization issues. The Director will serve as a liaison between NJIN and DOH to promote immunizations and work towards the goals of reducing and eliminating vaccine preventable diseases for all New Jersey citizens. This Director will work closely with NJIN Co-Chairs and officers, NJIN Steering Committee, and Work Groups. A solid functioning coalition under the leadership of the Director will enable NJIN to improve the effectiveness of New Jersey’s efforts to increase immunization coverage and assist communities statewide with the planning and implementation of their own immunization networks and programs.
Responsibilities of the Director:
- Work collaboratively with the NJIN Team to plan logistics (oversee and provide supervision and guidance to program staff)
- NJIN Director works in coordination with the Director for the NJAAP Immunization Initiative focusing on educational outreach efforts
- Coordinate with Co-Chairs, NJAAP & New Jersey American Academy of Family Physicians (NJAAFP) Executive Directors, and membership to develop meeting agendas; facilitate meetings of the NJIN as well as meetings and teleconferences for NJIN committees and workgroups.
- Work with the NJIN workgroup, chairpersons, and staff to:
- Work with NJIN Team to maintain and continue to strengthen infrastructure for NJIN (determine ongoing operating expenses for sustainability)
- Help recruit and maintain membership
- Assist in maintaining the NJIN member database
- Take lead in preparing applications to secure funding to support the operation and projects of the NJIN as appropriate
- Check in with committee chairs to ensure the workgroups are progressing in alignment with NJIN and the DOH plans , help with planning and implementing immunization outreach and education projects
- Provide guidance and leadership in the planning and executing of the annual New Jersey Vaccines for Children Conference (VFC) (Participate on VFC Planning Committee).
- Co-Facilitate with NJIN Co-Chairs and officers, the development of a Strategic Plan for the NJIN that corresponds with National and NJ DOH, Vaccine Preventable Disease Program (VPDP) and Infectious Disease Immunization goals and objectives
- Oversee communications and marketing related to NJIN to ensure website is updated and membership recruitment and retention is ongoing
- Attend the Annual National and State Immunization Conferences and other related meetings (providing funding is available)
- Assist Co-lead agencies (NJAAP & NJAFP) in preparing and presenting budgets and reports of NJIN activities
- Collaborate with Essex Metro Immunization Coalition (EMIC) and any other regional coalitions and stakeholders to facilitate education, outreach, and public relations for state and national immunization observances such as National Infant Immunization Week, Child Health Month, Adult Health Week, etc.
- Other as requested
- Master’s degree preferred in health or a related field and at least 3-5 years of experience as director of health or community health education
- Experience in grant writing, administration and working as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Experience in planning and/or conducting continuing medical education opportunities and outreach
- Supervisory experience
- Excellent written, interpersonal, presentation, and facilitation skills a must
- Computer skills
- Ability to travel occasionally and adjust schedule for occasional evening meetings
NJAAP is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principle of diversity.
Salary comparable with experience
For additional information or to express interest please send resume or CV to email@example.com, with the subject line “NJIN”, Attn: Fran Gallagher, MEd, Executive Director, NJAAP.
New Jersey Employment Opportunities
April 14, 2014 -
Pediatric Vacancy - Private Practice- Central New Jersey - Available July 1, 2014
Seeking a motivated and dynamic FT/PT Board Certified/Eligible Pediatrician to join a well-established and growing Pediatric Practice located in central New Jersey with two pediatricians and two locations (Piscataway and Edison). The vacancy is a replacement of one pediatrician. The practice is affiliated with JFK Medical Center, St. Peters University Medical Center and Robert Wood Johnson University Medical Center. There is full-time pediatric hospitalist and/ or resident coverage with no delivery attendance at any of these hospitals. Call is limited to the practice patients only and is shared by the two pediatricians. The job offers a competitive salary plus full benefits. Besides private practice, we are very active with community outreach and advocacy efforts. We would like the candidate pediatrician to also have an interest in providing excellent pediatric care and to work as a child advocate. Candidate must have a NJ license by July 1st for employment consideration. For further information, please send your queries and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pediatric Positions in NJ - Member Benefit!
This job board is provided as a resource for use by pediatric practices
searching for practitioners and candidates searching for pediatric
positions in New Jersey.
Information is provided by practices or candidates. All further
inquiries and/or verifications regarding candidates or practices must be
transmitted directly to the provider of the information using the
contact information as listed.
NJAAP reserves all rights to monitor and remove any information placed
on this resource, as well as to discontinue this service at any time.
This resource is provided by NJAAP and does not constitute the work or
endorsement of the national American Academy of Pediatrics.
Chapter members, to have your job description/posting uploaded to this site, please email Cortney Mott, Marketing & Event Manager