American Academy of Pediatrics
New Jersey Chapter
3836 Quakerbridge Road
Hamilton, NJ 08619
Margaret (Meg) Fisher, MD, FAAP
Fran Gallagher, MEd
Director of Membership & Events
Public Strategies Impact (PSI)
Joseph A. Simonetta, CAE
The American Academy of Pediatrics, New Jersey Chapter, supports comprehensive access to healthcare for all newborns, infants, children and adolescents. Additionally, the Chapter believes that the highest quality of care for these children is most capably provided by pediatricians, pediatric medical subspecialists, pediatric surgical specialists, and other highly trained and credentialed child health professionals.
To best meet the needs of children and their families, the State must expand the delivery of care within the context of the Medical Home. This requires:
- Coverage of necessary medical services including oral and mental healthcare;
- Coordination between State programs and pediatric primary care providers through Electronic Medical Records (EMR) and the Immunization Registry;
- Appropriate payment for care coordination;
- Support for the education, social services, and analytics provided by high quality comprehensive Medical Homes.
In addition, the State must take a leadership r ole in:
We encourage the State to insist that all health insurance plans be required to include a comprehensive, age-appropriate benefits package as recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics/Bright Futures Program, which emphasizes well-child and preventive care and is widely acknowledged as the standard of care in pediatrics.
- Supporting the creation of Medicaid Health Homes and Accountable Care Organizations (ACO);
- Working with pediatricians on the implementation of the State Health Insurance Exchange;
- Creating child-only options for the State-run High-Risk Insurance Pool.
Concept Paper Response
Comments in Response to Department of Human Services Concept Paper on the Section 1115 Demonstration Comprehensive Waiver - read more...
Find Your NJ State Legislators
The New Jersey State Legislature website offers a listing of all New Jersey Legislators, a map of the legislative districts and municipalities, and ways to contact your Legislators. read more ...