Immunization Initiative 2014
The goal of the Immunization Initiative Program is to support efforts to immunize all children and adolescents according to the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) recommended schedule. To achieve this goal in the primary care setting, the Immunization Initiative Program focuses on the following objectives:
• To gather data on current immunization status of children and adolescents
• To gain insight into current office immunization practices
• To increase awareness of primary care providers of the importance of age appropriate immunization
• To identify barriers and challenges to providing age appropriate immunizations
• To implement best practice strategies for immunization delivery in the primary care setting
Participation in the Immunization Initiative Program for primary care providers includes the following activities:
• Collection and analysis of immunization data on childhood (24-35 months) or adolescent (11-13 years) populations
for each selected provider
• Review of reports and findings of the data analysis with the provider.
• Recommendations to the provider on quality improvement strategies to increase immunization coverage, decrease
missed opportunities for immunization, and achieve best practice immunization delivery
• An opportunity for providers to attend the Annual Vaccine For Children (VFC) Provider Education Conference.
In addition to quality improvement efforts in the primary care providers’ offices in the context of a Medical Home, the Immunization Initiative Program offers services in child care centers, schools, parent-teacher associations, family support groups, and parent groups to raise awareness of the importance of age appropriate immunizations. Participation in the Immunization Initiative Program in these settings includes the following activities:
• Provision of educational sessions, materials, and resources on topics such as vaccine preventable diseases, state
immunization requirements, and the New Jersey Immunization Information System (NJIIS).
• Evaluation of educational sessions for the above named groups
If you are a VFC provider or a child care provider and would like to participate in this program, please contact Judith Grandjean, Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or Mary Jo Garofoli, Program Coordinator at email@example.com or phone 609-842-0014.