New Jersey Chapter
American Academy of Pediatrics
3836 Quakerbridge Road
Hamilton, NJ 08619
Margaret (Meg) Fisher, MD, FAAP
Fran Gallagher, MEd
Harriet Lazarus, MBA
Director, Membership & Events
New Jersey Chapter, American Academy of Pediatrics (NJAAP) is
dedicated to improving the health and well-being of children in the
state of New Jersey.
Shaping Child Health in New Jersey for the 21st Century.
The mission of the New Jersey Chapter, American Academy of Pediatrics is the attainment of optimal health, safety and well-being of New Jersey’s children (infants, children, adolescents, young adults) and promotion of pediatricians (primary care pediatricians, pediatric medical sub-specialists, pediatric surgical specialists) as the best qualified of all health professionals to provide child healthcare.
Basic Beliefs and Values
In order to accomplish our mission:
- We will always promote the health and well-being of children and adolescents.
- Our credibility will be unassailable with pediatricians,
regulators, allied professionals and organizations and healthcare
- We will seek to anticipate and respond to critical issues that impact children, adolescents and healthcare professionals
Our strategy is based on the following assumptions being true:
- Healthcare professionals that serve children and adolescents will seek, value and are pay for the services that we offer
- Healthcare professionals that effectively manage their practices
are more likely to deliver high quality healthcare services to
- If we don’t lobby for legislation(s) that balance the needs of
pediatricians and the interests of children and adolescents, the
critical interests of these groups can be overlooked
- Specialists provide highest quality care for their patients (and
pediatricians are better trained in children’s health care than any
other type of practitioner).